Taos Feeds Taos - 29 years of Feeding Needy Families
Our Taos County is rich in beauty, natural resources, art and culture. For this we give thanks as the holiday season approaches. But many among us are struggling to keep their families together, warm and well-fed. We urge Taos individuals, families and businesses who have been blessed with prosperity in 2014 to join us in helping those in need.
Taos Feeds Taos, a non-profit corporation in its 29th year, will distribute food baskets to over 1100 needy Taos county families during this holiday season. This is only possible with your help. We ask for donations of non-perishable foods and for cash donations to purchase hams, fruits and vegetables. We also ask for volunteers to help fill boxes. Your support is appreciated.
Our Seventh Annual Food Drive and Benefit show by local band Last to Know will be held at Taos Mesa Brewing on Saturday, December 6th. Admission to the show is free with five cans of food or other non-perishable items. Details coming soon.
Basket Application/Registration will take place at four locations in Taos and surrounding areas...
• Taos : National Guard Armory, 1145 State Road 570.
Thursday and Friday November 13-14, and Monday and Tuesday December 1-2. 9:00am-4:00pm.
• Penasco : Penasco Community Center. Monday December 1. 9:00am-4:00pm.
• Questa, Cerro : VFW Post 7688. Monday December 1. 9:00am-4:00pm.
• Costilla and Amalia : Amalia Senior Center. Monday December 1. 9:00am-4:00pm.
Please bring a utility bill with physical address, a photo ID such as a driver's license,
your mailing address, and proof of income for all working members of household.
Boxes will be distributed December 18th and 19th...
• Taos : Thursday, December 18, 9:00am-5:00pm and Friday, December 19, 8:00am-noon
• Penasco : Friday, December 19, 9:00am-4:00pm
• Questa, Cerro : Friday, December 19, 9:00am-noon
Please note: locations may change and additional locations may be added.
Check back here for up-to-date information.